NON MEDICAL HOME CARE SERVICES
American Home Health provides non medical home care in West Hartford and surrounding Hartford county. Non-Skilled Services, also known as Custodial Care, include activities such as personal hygiene, transportation, preparation of meals, light cleaning and much more. Need help with financial assistance? Click Here.
- Provides home care companionship, socialization, and housekeeping services
- Assists with meal planning, purchase of food, and food preparation
- Assists clients to live in a clean, safe environment
- Personal errands, per client and Agency request
- Vacuuming and Dusting
- Changing bed linens
- Provides companionship, socialization, and housekeeping services
- Escort service to/from appointments
- Assist with toileting
- Skin care
- Range of motion (ROM) and muscle straightening exercises to maintain an optimal level of functioning if ordered by the MD
- Respiratory assistance
- Transfers and ambulation
- Bathing, grooming, and hair washing that is necessary for personal hygiene
- Turning and positioning
- Assistance with medication per family direction
- Assistance with eating, meal preparation, and grocery shopping
- Accompanying to medical appointments per family direction
- Assisting, monitoring, or prompting the client to complete the above items
Note: This job description reflect’s management’s assignment of duties and does not restrict nor limit the duties that may be assigned.
- In home personal care and supportive services, (homemaker, chore, attendant services, meal preparation) that are furnished CHCPE & PCA participants who reside in a private home by a principle caregiver who lives in the home.
- Adult Family Living / Foster Care is furnished to adults who receive these services while living at home in conjunction with residing in the home. Services include 24 hour response capability to meet scheduled or unpredictable participant needs to provide supervision, safety, and security based on Activities of Daily Living, Instrumental Activities of Daily Living, cognitive or behavioral needs.
- Non Medical Home Care Service allocation is based on the Activities of Daily Living, Instrumental Activities of Daily Living, cognitive or behavioral needs and is determined by the CHCPE or PCA assessment completed by the care manager. Services also include social and recreational activities and cueing or reminders to take medications.
- Separate payment will not be made for homemaker or chore services, therefore, homemaker or chore services cannot be billed when Adult Family Living/Foster Care is in place as a service.